RJ’S JOB DESCRIPTION – BEAUTY THERAPIST
Working as a Beauty Therapist, you’ll be responsible for administering a range of treatments to clients mainly in 30 – 60 minutes sessions both for appointment holders and walk-in’s to salon.
For each main service you will be expected to:
- Guide clients through our service offerings and help them choose the type of services (massage, facial etc) that would benefit them most
- Take detailed histories from clients including information about any injuries or conditions.
- Design sessions around client’s specific complaints, requirements or problem areas
- Listen to clients during sessions and adjust techniques to meet their needs
- Suggest schedules for recurring sessions
You’ll also be expected to perform front of house duties including meeting and greeting customers, answering the phone and taking bookings, promoting and selling beauty products and upselling other salon services.
Day-to-day duties will include:
Provide full range of Beauty Treatments
Provide individualised beauty services and treatments to customers, including:
- Giving a facial by cleansing, massaging and toning a client’s skin
- Shaping eyebrows and colouring eyelashes
- Removing unwanted facial and body hair using waxing treatments
- Offering spray tanning
- Offering a range of face and body massage treatments
Build Customer Relationships
Work carefully and take pride in meeting customer expectations. They also have good interpersonal skills and can carry on a conversation with anyone.
Work to ensure customers are satisfied, so that they will become repeat customers. Work to build a relationship with customers and guide them toward other services or products offered.
Ensure Health and Safety
Make sure that you use and store all products and tools carefully and follow strict hygiene procedures. This is to prevent damage or infection.
Maintain a safe and clean work environment by upholding strict standards of cleaning. As part of RJ team make sure that general areas are kept clean and attractive at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
Must be proficient in all aspects of beauty, Facials, all eye and eyebrow treatments, waxing including hot waxing, spray tanning and massage.
Level 3 NVQ/SVQ certificate in beauty therapy or equivalent – such as the BTEC National Diploma in beauty therapy or the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in advanced beauty therapy.
You need to have worked in a salon or similar delivering these service. for at least a year and be able to demonstrate proficient in each of the areas of the main areas of treatment.
In addition you will need to have an organised approach to working and also will need to have basic computer and maths skills.
Beauty therapy is a fast-moving industry and there are always new treatments and products being developed. It’s important that therapists understand any changes in the industry and update their skills accordingly.
You need to have really good communication and social skills:
- Have a keen awareness of health and safety issues
- Ability to create a calm environment where clients can relax
- Good listener
- Be able to treat client information with confidentiality
The Package – Hours and Salary
20 days’ per month, 5 days’ per week, (Monday to Saturday)
Annual Salary £17,000 – £21,000 (depending on experience)
2 weeks’ holiday per annum
Training & Development
Specific training will be provided, if identified as needed.
Ongoing training in new treatment areas is encouraged and supported financially.